Liked this post from a fellow blogger.
Seasons of being alone and isolated can actually bring about a lot of spiritual growth.
I have been through many long seasons of being alone or completely isolated in the past two or so years. I have experienced those seasons both negatively and positively based on the posture of my heart during that time.
I noticed some patterns in those seasons that others who have gone through a similar time could identify with:
- giving into sin to temporarily satisfy desires instead of waiting for God to answer or meet those
- feeling trapped or helpless
- uncared for, unloved, worthless
- insignificant, unnoticed
- ‘completely alone’
- hurt and intense pain
- self-protection, shutting out others
- turning inward, self-focus
I could go on, but you get the idea. These times can be very painful and full of brokenness, but they can also be full of deep joy and intimacy…
View original post 544 more words